Nominate us for Best Activity Group of the year!
So the year is nearly over (cries inside a little) (who am I kidding, cries inside A LOT), and that means it’s KCLSU Award nominations time! We’ve had an absolutely AMAZING year, and it’s all thanks to you guys (love ya)!
Here’s just a little reminder of what we’ve done this year if you want to include some of them in your Dance Soc nomination! But make it your own!
Remember to stick to the word limit, and do it by Friday 7th April – not long to go now!
Nominate us for Best Activity Group of the year here
- The society reached over 500 members (woooh)
- We ran 9 FREE classes at our taster day in September, which over 800 of you came to!
- In term 1 we ran 15 classes every week in 13 different dance styles, including a weekly taster workshop.
- Our Fusion competitions team had 50 competitors, competing in 7 different dance styles. We competed nationally, bringing home 21 trophies and £500 prize from one competition for being the best overall university (yasss).
- We also hosted our own competition KCL Just Dance It again, which brought in 390 competitors from 10 universities. We also had collection buckets for one of our charities here.
- We worked in collaboration with KCL RAG to host King’s first ever Strictly Come Dance Soc. We managed to raise £2000 for RAG’s charities and brought together participants from many different societies across the King’s community – some of whom even featured in our annual March showcase!
- Held our annual Christmas charity showcase again, which raised over £450 for two local charities.
- Continuing with the charity theme, our annual showcase, Wonderland, raised £7,169.40 for three amazing local charities, bringing our annual fundraising total to around £9,500! (A-MAZ-ING!) The show was a great success, with three shows featuring 145 dancers in 27 dance routines- all of which was rehearsed in just 8 weeks.
- We performed at many events in the KCLSU community, some of which include the KCLSU West Wing opening, the Widening Participation Reception, the annual Diwali show, Women’s History Month Showcase and KCL RISE society’s evening for recovering from illness through expression.
- Took part in and hosted various events for One World: we performed at the One World Variety Show and hosted two highly attended workshops for One World – a belly dance workshop in term 1 and a Kpop workshop in term 2.
- We retained our Green Stripe this academic year through our green initiatives, and held our own Sustainability Week.
- We supported LGBTQ+ history month by coming to rehearsals in rainbow/brightly coloured clothing.
- We’ve had many collaborations with other societies throughout the year – whether that being fundraising with RAG, or performances from Bhangra, KMT and Breakin’ KCL at our shows.
It’s been one heck of a year, so THANK YOU to each and EVERY one of you!
Dance Soc love x